Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A Personal Lesson on America's Healthcare

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/03/13/baby-joseph-gets-second-chance-life/

The above link is to the story, I'm sure you've heard about, of baby Joseph. He is the Canadian child with a neurological disorder who the Canadian government is trying to pull the plug on. This story has hit a personal nerve with me, because as some of you may know I lost a child, Glenn III, to a genetic disorder. If you don't know, Glennie (as we called him) was diagnosed with Spinal Muscular Atrophy at 6 months old. His doctors, said he would not make it past his first birthday. Glennie made it to 22 months. My son fought hard, he was a tough kid. But all along the way, the doctors and nurses stood by while my wife and I made every decision for our son. At no time, even though the death of our son was guaranteed, did anyone step in to tell us what we had to do. What the Canadian government is doing in this case is appalling. The fact that anyone thinks it is appropriate to tell someone when it is time to pull the plug on their own child is beyond anything I can comprehend. However, that is what we are headed to in this country. When Sarah Palin mentioned "Death Panels", she wasn't kidding. Some of the decisions my wife and I had to make were horrible, something I would not wish on my worst enemy. But they were ours. There is not much in my life that I remember as clearly as I do the decisions that I made in the short life on my son. Not even events like September 11 ring as clearly as those decisions. But I was the best man for that job.

Now, they want to take the ability of parents to make decisions about their child’s wellbeing? I don't think so. While I'm still alive on this earth I will tell as many people as possible about my personal experiences in the GREATEST health care services on the planet. And due to the fact that I know what it's like to lose a child, a pain no one can know unless they have lost the same thing, I will fight Obamacare with every fiber of my being so that no family ever has to lose a child, and have nothing to do with the decisions being made.

Sorry for the rant, but as you can see if you read the whole thing, I'm pretty passionate about our healthcare system, and though the liberals think it's the shining country on a hill, I DO NOT want to be like Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment